Monday, January 2, 2012

MAYHEM ON MONDAYS

Starting off a New Year!


Are you a maker of resolutions? Do you faithfully resolve a whole list or maybe just an item or two, of changes to make in the coming year? Or new things to try? Whatever?

I would but I know I’d break them after a bout a week or so of sincere trying. I think that’s a fairly common reaction. So instead, this year, I’m making a list of ‘determinations’.
I’m determined to:
· ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY write each day (blogs don’t count)
· Limit excursions into the outside world to one morning per week (appointments don’t count)
· Avoid getting bogged down in housework (am already making headway)
· Teach the cats to stay off my keyboard when I’m typing (never going to happen but it’s worth a try)
· Avoid snacks (unless green or orange – anyone know of chocolate that fits this requirement?)

That should do it.

What about you? Any resolutions….or are they already broken?




Linda Wiken/Erika Chase
A Killer Read coming April, 2012
from Berkley Prime Crime
www.erikachase.com

2 comments:

  1. Resolutions? The usual. Eat less or less of the bad things and exercise more. As for writing I'm immersed in geneology so I'm resolving not to spend so much time tracking down ancestors and more time on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your determinations sound fine to me. Except for the cats I can just adopt yours. I'll add one more. Now that I am retired I should have all the time in the world to write..but the family feels that I retired just for them. I need to tell them to get a life!Their own.

    ReplyDelete