Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WICKED WEDNESDAYS

AArghh!


Getting a late start on this today. I've been driven crazy by my keyboard. It's one of those extra features ones and it started making strange noises and deciding it was time for a much slower pace. Of course, the instructions that came with say nothing about this malady. So, I went on-line. Not listed in the usual questions section.

But in order to ask a question -- you got it! You need a keyboard!!!!

So, I went out and bought a new one this a.m. If I ever figure out why my old one is on strike and we get past the mediation part, I'll keep it as a spare. But old pet peeves have surfaced because of this.

It's my deeply-buried resentment of all electrical items. Because they eventually fail. And it's ALWAYS when you need them to be at their prime at that immediate moment. Electric car windows, photocopiers, toasters, and now, keyboards. The list is really endless. How did we get to this state?


I went into withdrawal not being able to write this blog nor answer email this morning. Oh sure, I could have reached out to someone using my Rogers phone but I don't have a long distance plan. I use email instead. Looks like that needs to be re-visited.

Also, I'm on deadline here, keyboard. I have to send the copyedited version of my book back to my editor by tomorrow. THIS IS NOT A GOOD TIME to abandon me. Remember
the days of typing out the manuscript at a Remington typewriter? Using the 'cut & paste' method when editing? Okay, it was not fun having to stuff the entire 300 pages in a brown manila envelope, along with a SASE, to mail off to a publisher. Costly, too.

I'll grudgingly admit that electronics do play a valid role in our busy lives. Or, are our lives so busy because of 'time saving' electronics? Who knows? Who cares? I have a new keyboard and I have email that needs to be answered!


Linda Wiken/Erika Chase
A Killer Read coming April 3, 2012
from Berkley Prime Crime

1 comment: