Monday, December 31, 2012

MAYHEM ON MONDAYS

Here's to a Happy New Year!



I usually don't make New Year's resolutions mainly because I never keep them. However, I'm going to take the plunge this year. I resolve to work harder at writing and playing. How's that!

As I've taken on more tasks in my life, I'll have to be better organized and totally commited to a specific writing time each day. So, if you phone and I don't answer, I may be there but writing. So, please leave a message.

On the playing side, I resolve to never turn down an invitation from friends to socialize, unless it truly can't be helped. Part of the working harder has to be playing harder in order to keep the balance. And who wants a friend who keeps turning down invitations anyway?


So bring on the New Year...my horoscope says it's going to be a really good one. (And the National Post never lies!)

I've also decided on some changes to Mystery Maven Canada. When I started the blog a few years ago, I hoped it would offer information on the ever-changing publishing scene along with news about Canadian mystery authors, to my former customers and to authors alike. And, although there are always changes taking place in publishing, many of the debates are the old ones with very little new (except a ginormous merger or two)to add. Authors are busy being authors. Readers are keeping those authors busy by devouring their books and demanding new ones. I think it's time to revise what's happening on this blogspot.

So, starting in January, I will be posting once a week, on Fridays. It will most likely be me continuing as I've done all this time, or I may post a book review, or it may be a guest blogger. You won't know until you've clicked on the blogsite (okay, you'll know if you check my Facebook page). If you're a Canadian mystery author anywhere in this country and you have an event coming up, I'd be happy to post it on the events section. If you're coming to Ottawa, please let me know.

I hope this new format won't mean that MMC gets forgotten. I also hope it means one fewer thing on that To Do list...for everyone.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year with lots of mysteries to read!




Linda Wiken/Erika Chase

READ AND BURIED
Berkley Prime Crime, now available
A KILLER READ, also available at your favourite bookstores and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment